Chinese Adobo

on Monday, September 20, 2010

Got this recipe from Good Housekeeping Magazine. I was intrigued with this recipe. It made me think what is special with this that is not common to the traditional Adobo. I just realized after checking the ingredients and the way it was cooked.

So, the last time I went to the grocery, I bought the necessary ingredients for me to cook this recipe. Here are the ingredients needed for Chinese Adobo recipe.

Ingredients:

1 1/2 Kilo Chicken Cut into pieces
3 tablespoon Sesame Oil
5-8 cloves garlic Crushed or Minced
5 slices ginger
1/4 teaspoon pepper powder
1/4 cup rice wine
1 cup Kikkoman soy sauce
1 tablespoon sugar
2 cups water


Cooking Preparation:

1. In a pan heat sesame oil and fry garlic and ginger.

2. Add chicken cuts, cook until lightly browned.

3. Pour in rice wine, soy sauce, sugar, pepper and water.

4. Cover and simmer adobo for 30 minutes or until tender and the liquid has been reduced to 2/3 of the original volume.

5. Simmer in low heat so the meat absorbs the marinade for added flavor.

6. (Optional) You can splash with some sesame oil before serving. In my case since it's very oily already, I did not splash additional sesame oil.

Chinese Adobo has a different taste compared to the traditional Adobo because of its ingredients. Kikkoman sauce has a different flavor compared to the traditional soy sauce that we are using. The rice wine and the sesame oil that gives different taste as well. You can try this recipe for you to find out.

0 comments: