Admin on Tuesday, September 07, 2010
Banana que is sometimes confused with barbecue maybe because of the skewer stick. I remember children in our community call it "barbekyong saging". Banana cue is different from barbecue in a way, that barbecue is being grilled while banana que is deep fried.
16 pcs ripe saba banana (others wanted it to be semi-ripe)
2 1/2 cup cooking oil
1/4 cup brown sugar
8 pcs skewer stick (optional)
1. Peel off banana.
2. Heat cooking oil over a high flame in a large pan or wok.
3. Deep fry bananas for 5 minutes or until it turns golden brown.
4. Sprinkle brown sugar over bananas. Cook for another 3 minutes or until sugar has melted. Stir occasionally to cover all bananas with sugar.
5. Remove bananas when done and drain excess oil.
6. Skewer stick is optional, if you wish to sell banana que then you need to have this. But if it's just for home consumption, you can use fork so not to spend extra money.